Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 01:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

looking to relocate

Started by Innocentprncss, Jul 10, 2005, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocentprncss

so my rights to remarry are null and void because HE doesn't like it?  I am not the one focusing on gender.  I believe that is was joni that said I am on the wrong site and need to go to singlemomz.com where they would help me screw my ex over.  I am not just looking to move just to have a fresh start.  I have VERY SPECIFIC reasons for needing to do this.

Innocentprncss

What YOU don't know is that I would have access to flights from the miltary base to a base here in WI and THAT was how I was planning on taking care of that!!  Like I said, YOU DON"T KNOW IT ALL!!  Rather than accusing, or trying to make me look bad, why not ask a question!!

Ref

This changes everything! Don't look to move your daughter away. My DH is in the horrible position of living 1400 miles away from his daughter because mom made a unilateral decision that it was in her (SD's) best interest. It is a horrible strain on the child and a horrible strain on the relationship you will have with your ex for the next 13 years. I honestly think BM is evil for doing that to her daughter and my DH and the thought that someone would do that to someone elsa and justify it on this board is sickening.

I can not express what a terrible thing this is. I can not express what a nightmare it has been for SD and for DH and honestly fo BM because of all the drama associated.

It also appears that you were deceptive in your post. If you will be this way on an message board, what's to keep us from thinking you are being deceptive to you ex?

Regardless of whether or not you can get flights out of the base, it is still screwed up that she would have to fly so much to have a normal realtionship with her dad.

Also, this board is chuck full of moms and step-moms (like me) both custodial and noncustodial, so it is not a gender issue.

Best wishes for you little girl

Innocentprncss

the other thing is that this would be temporary like three years.  it isn't forever.

Ref

Apparently you didn't appove of the 3 1/2 years your ex was not in her life. That was too long for him to not be involved without your critisism. I think you know what a differnce there is in three years, otherwise you wouldn't have brought that up.

Really, picture the changes that will happen to your daughter from now until she is 8. Don't fool yourself into thinking it is ONLY 3 years. Those 3 years will change you daughter into a totally different person, and will be 3 years your ex will miss out on. You wouldn't think it was ONLY 3 years if she was taken away from you, would you?

Innocentprncss

I am still talking about having her with him AT LEAST one weekend a month, all holidays and vacation.  I was also telling him that he could have liberal everything (phone calls, emails, pictures, postal mail etc)

Ref

but can you blame him for not wanting his time with his daughter to be cut down to 1/3? Can you imagine what lengths you would go to if someone tried to take her away from you so that you only had her 1/3 of the time?

It is a shame that when we have children our lives are put on hold for them. Yes, this means that you have to deny yourself things in order to do what is right for your daughter. This means either not moving or letting the dad have custody and you can see her one weekend a month.

Just like what the others said, put yourself in his shoes. You would be freaking out too.

Innocentprncss

I am doing what is right for my daughter.  She would still be seeing her father as well as having a good life with me and her brother.  She would have a good home, good school, 2 little step sisters that she is wild about having.  He doesn't participate in her life aside from his required weekend currently anyway.  

Ref

I am sorry for your daughter and your ex. I hope the court will stop you.

jilly

And what happens when you decide you don't want to be responsible for all transportation? Or you decide you don't want to deal with the phone calls, e-mails, etc?